Early College Associate Degree Program Interest Forms Now Available
MCPS is partnering with Montgomery College (MC) to offer the first Early College (EC) Associate Degree program at MC for high school students throughout the district. The EC program will be offered at MC Rockville campus and will provide students with the option of earning an Associate of Arts in Teaching, Secondary Mathematics or an Associate of Science, Mathematics degree.
Participating students will complete 11th and 12th grade while simultaneously completing their first two years of college. Upon graduation, students will receive their associate degree from MC, as well as a Maryland State high school diploma.
To participate in the program students must have the following by the end of Grade 10:
- Earned Tech credit and PE/Health credit;
- Taken math and English state assessments;
- Assessed college ready and prepared to take Calculus in the fall;
- Have an unweighted GPA of 2.75 or higher:
- Met or be near completion of required SSL hours
- Completed interest form and attended information session.
All interested students and parents must complete the interest form by Wednesday, March 7. Students and parents must also attend a mandatory information session on Monday, March 12 at the MC Rockville campus, 51 Mannakee St., in the Parilla Performing Arts Center from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information, visit the Dual Enrollment Programs webpage.