The Checklist: Getting Ready for the New School Year
Posted On August 13, 2013
Parents, it’s that time again—the start of a new school year! Are you ready? Here is a checklist of things to help make sure that you are equipped with the information you need to have a successful year:
- Complete your child’s Student Emergency Information Form so you’re contacted about school closings, illness and important updates. Be sure to let the school know if your information changes during the school year.
- Sign-up for Edline! Edline is a web-based system that allows parents of middle and high school students to monitor their child’s grades and assignments.
- View, print or download the 2013-2014 calendar and stay informed on important dates and events.
- Get your child’s bus route information. Parents who have questions about bus routes can find answers here.
- Remember to use mylunchmoney.com to add money to your child’s account. This will eliminate the need for your child to have to bring money to school every day. School cafeterias also accept cash or check prepayment.
- Attend Back-to-School Night at your child’s school.