Information Regarding the 2018–2019 Work Schedule
A memo informing staff about the work schedule for the 2018–2019 school year was emailed to all staff on Tuesday, Feb. 6. A few items of note—
For teachers and 10-month MCEA members:
August 27–August 31, 2018
- For next school year, pre-service will be the traditional five days in length.
- School instructional leadership teams will design their pre-service week schedules as they have done in the past.
- Per the MCEA contract, the practice of having at “least two days scheduled prior to arrival of students each fall during which time the unit member will be allowed to prepare his/her room and materials” will continue.
End of Quarter Grading and Planning Days
Like this school year, teachers will have an additional eight hours of unscheduled time for grading and planning to account for grading and planning time that could not be programmed during the student instructional year due to the calendar constraints.
Other Teacher Workdays
As a result of the shortened school calendar from 184 to 182 days, there are additional staff days remaining to be scheduled in the work year. After implementing the unscheduled end of quarter grading and planning time, as well as a five-day pre-service period, two professional days remain to be scheduled. They will be implemented as follows:
- One professional day between June 18, 2018, and August 24, 2018, for training, professional development and planning.
- One unscheduled day between July 1, 2018, and August 23, 2018, for teachers and 10-month professional staff to work remotely to complete their annual online compliance training, as well as other content specific online training.
10-month SEIU Supporting Services Workday Schedule
These work schedules are still being developed and will be communicated to support professionals in the near future.
There is no change to the 12-month employee workday schedule.