Interested in a Master’s Degree?
MCPS, in partnership with several areas colleges and universities, is holding information meetings for the Higher Education Partnership Programs this month and in November. Seating is limited, so please RSVP on PDO.
Upcoming Higher Education Partnership Program meetings are:
- Oct. 24, Hood College, Educational Leadership Programs (including Admin 1 certification)
- Oct. 30, University of Maryland, Master of Science in Middle School Math
- Nov. 1, McDaniel College, Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction with Leadership Focus (Admin 1 certification)
- Nov. 7, University of Maryland, Master of Education Creative Initiatives in Teacher Education (CITE) Program
- Nov. 15, Towson University, Master of Art in Teaching Special Education
- Nov. 21, Johns Hopkins University, Master of Science in Special Education (SET-IT Program)
All information meetings will be held at the MCPS Office of Human Resources and Development (OHRD) in Rockville, with the exception of JHU SET-IT, which is held at the Columbia Campus.
Towson University Offering Master’s Degree in Special Education
Towson University is offering a program to candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in an area other than education and want a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree in Special Education. The three-year, part-time program offers evening courses taught at the Universities at Shady Grove. Candidates will not have to take leave in order to complete the internship in their third year.
An interest meeting will be held from 5–6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 15, in the Pine Room (Third Floor) at 45 W. Gude Dr. in Rockville.
If you attended an information meeting previously, there is no need to attend again as the information shared will be the same. RSVP on PDO. (Course #86942)