People On the Move
The Board of Education made 10 administrative appointments at its regular meeting today, Tuesday, June 13.
- Yolanda Stanislaus, director, Professional Growth Systems
- Jennifer L. Webster, director, Office of School Support and Improvement of High Schools
- Rachel Buckley, assistant director, Department of Certification and Staffing/Talent Acquisition
- Shoua F. Moua, supervisor, Assessment Data Management
- Edward K. Owusu, principal, Clarksburg High School
- Mark E. Craemer, principal, Darnestown Elementary School
- Deneise Hammond, principal, Rachel Carson Elementary School
- Lisa J. Henry, principal, Summit Hall Elementary School
- Xavier Kimber, principal, Brookhaven Elementary School
- Candace M. Ross, principal, Kensington Parkwood Elementary School
Fine Arts Coordinator Receives Community Service Award
Rick Penix, coordinator in Fine Arts, received the 2017 MCYO Chester J. Petranek Community award at The Music Center at Strathmore last month. This award is presented annually to an organization or individual for outstanding community service in enriching the musical life of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan Area.
The Honors of Speech Language Services for 2017 has been awarded to Lynne Stevens, speech language pathologist at Northwood High School. Lynne has shown excellence in service to students and colleagues.
—Cynthia A. Taylor, speech pathologist