Virtual Latinx Career Panel to Kick Off National Hispanic College Fair
The National Hispanic College Fair will be held on Oct. 13 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park in Gaithersburg. To kick off the fair, MCPS is inviting all students in 8th through 12th grades to a virtual career panel with Latinx professionals to talk about their experiences in different career fields. Pre-registration is required.
During the panel, professionals working in various careers will share insights about their responsibilities, education and experiences to acquaint students with different career opportunities. Students will have the opportunity to earn two SSL hours by completing a reflection exercise after the panel.
The virtual career panel will be held via Zoom. Students can register using this link.
The panelists include:
- Reinaldo Santiago, Ed.D, Deputy Director, Center for Hispanic Policy Research
- Karla Silvestre, Director of Community Engagement, Montgomery College and Vice President, Montgomery County Board of Education
- Tiffany Vega Gibson, President and Founder, La Vega Management
- Aaron J. Reyna, President, Reyna Consulting Firm
- Jorge Cariga, Senior Student Development Specialist, Saint Elizabeth University
- Sara Chaves, LMSW, Managing Counselor, Heartly House
- Carlos Mellot, UniServ Director, Washington County Teachers Association
- Marcelo Quiñones, Esq., Supervising Attorney, County of Santa Clara, California
- Iraina Briganty, LCSW-C, Program Director, Sheppard Pratt
- J. Alex Chunga, Assistant Director of Laboratories, Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
- Jessica Berrellez, Executive Officer, Office of Digital Transformation – FDA