Finding Covered Medical Care When You Need It Most
While carrying groceries across the street to your elderly neighbor, you step off a curb and into a pothole, twisting your ankle. Your husband will be traveling overseas soon and needs an immunization before he can go. Your child spikes a fever of 103 degrees—on a Saturday.
When prompt medical attention is needed that does not reach the level of a medical emergency, do you know which urgent care centers are covered by your medical insurance plan? Here is how you can find out:
- Visit the CareFirst website and log in (you may need to register first).
- Select Find a Doctor under the Doctors tab at the top of the screen.
- Select the Medical
- Select Immediate Care, then either Convenience Care Center or Urgent Care Center, depending on the severity of your situation.
- A list of covered medical care centers will open.
Kaiser Permanente members—
- Visit the Kaiser Permanente website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Under Find Care, select Urgent Care.
- Read the brief “What is urgent care?” article.
- Click the urgent and emergency care locations link in the article.
- Click FIND AN URGENT CARE CENTER button in the blue box on the right of the screen.
- Select the location closest to you from the drop-down menu.
- A box will open with that location’s urgent care center address and phone number.