Have You Reviewed Your 2019 Retirement Benefit Statement on PenPoint?
If you have not already, be sure to review your Retirement Benefit Statement as of June 30, 2019, on PenPoint, the MCPS self-service, online retirement system.
On your Retirement Benefit Statement, you will find—
- Plan membership information
- Eligibility dates for retirement
- Eligibility and credited service, including purchased, transferred, and military service
- Projected vested benefits in the event of resignation prior to retirement
- Projected benefit amounts at normal and early retirement dates
In addition to providing your benefit statement, PenPoint allows you to view your projected early and normal retirement benefit amounts. Even better, you can run your own retirement estimates, based on other scenarios, and see the projected benefit amounts and payment options.
You access PenPoint from the MCPS Retirement Planning web page, where you will see the PenPoint logo, a log-in button, and a link to video demonstrations on how to use PenPoint. To log in to PenPoint, click on the log-in button, and enter your MCPS username and password. Once logged in, you will find a tutorial, and a guide containing frequently asked questions and a glossary to help you navigate the system.
If you have questions about your retirement statement or need clarification on a PenPoint estimate, contact the Employee and Retiree Service Center at 301-517-8100 or by e-mail.