How to Access and Use the Online Benefits Enrollment System or Stand-alone Tobacco Attestation Form
To access the online Benefits Enrollment System (BES) or tobacco attestation form, first visit the Employee Self Service (ESS) web page (or, search for ESS from any MCPS web page).
If you ARE making changes to your benefits and/or ARE enrolling in a 2020 flexible spending account (FSA)
The tobacco attestation form is included within the online BES. From the ESS web page, follow these steps:
- Click on the Open Enrollment link, found under the blue My Benefits banner.
- Log in using your Outlook username and password. Read the welcome message and click Continue.
- Electronically sign the online affidavit to certify the information you are submitting is true, accurate, and complete.
- On the Tobacco Attestation screen, select the statement that reflects your—and your covered spouse’s if you are married—tobacco-use status throughout 2019.
- Read about any Wellness Initiatives credits you may receive for 2020 and click Submit.
- Review information about your dependents and make any needed updates.
- Review your 2019 benefits.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enroll in or make desired changes to your benefits and/or enroll in your 2020 FSA(s).
- Enter your life insurance beneficiary(ries) into the system (optional).
- Review your benefit elections for 2020 and click Finish once you are satisfied with them.
- View and print your benefit confirmation statement.
If you ARE NOT making changes to your benefits and ARE NOT enrolling in a 2020 FSA
You can save time by using the stand-alone tobacco attestation form. To make your tobacco-use attestation(s), do the following:
- Click on the Tobacco attestation link found under the blue My Benefits banner.
- Click on Tobacco attestation for calendar year 2020 found next to an orange arrow near the top of the next screen.
- Log in using your Outlook username and password.
- Select the statement that reflects your—and your covered spouse’s if you are married—tobacco-use status throughout 2019.
- Read about any Wellness Initiatives credits you may receive for 2020.
- Click Submit.
Tips on Submitting Your Benefit Changes
- Check your benefits confirmation to ensure that your changes have been made correctly. Print and keep your 2020 Employee Benefit Enrollment and Change Confirmation or the tobacco attestation confirmation e-mail that you receive.
- Scan and upload any required supporting documentation to the BES.
If you are unable to scan and upload required supporting documentation to the BES, you will need to submit this information to the Employee and Retiree Service Center in one fax or e-mail no later than Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Note: All documentation must be translated to English prior to downloading it or submitting it to ERSC.
- Include your name and employee identification number on supporting documentation.
When submitting hard copies of supporting documentation, please display your name and employee identification number prominently in the upper-right corner of each page.
Please do not—
- Call or e-mail ERSC for confirmation that you have submitted your online benefits enrollment.
- Fax supporting documentation during the final 48 hours of Open Enrollment, when fax traffic is heaviest.
- Send multiple e-mails or faxes. ERSC receives many documents during Open Enrollment; if your supporting documents are separated, ERSC staff will be unable to attribute them to you.
- Attempt to send a paper enrollment form. Benefit enrollments during Open Enrollment are conducted online only and paper submissions will NOT be accepted.
- Forget to keep a copy of your confirmation statement.