Is Your Employee Information Up to Date?
Make sure your employee information is up to date so you can receive important notifications and the beneficiaries for your pension plan and other benefits are in line with your wishes.
Update Your Personal Information
- To update your address and telephone number on record with ERSC, visit Employee Self-Service (ESS) and click on My address change under the orange My Information banner. See detailed instructions.
- To update or correct your date of birth, title, name or Social Security number, please submit MCPS Form 445-1A, Change in Personal Information for MCPS Employees, to ERSC.
Update Your Banking and Tax Information
Changes to your banking or tax information on record with MCPS also can be made via ESS.
- Click My direct deposit if you have changed bank accounts or to learn how to enroll in or change your summer pay savings with Educational Systems Federal Credit Union (FCU). See instructions.
- Click My W-4 to change your tax withholding allowances. Click the Help button for instructions. Click the More button to use the Internal Revenue Service’s Tax Withholding Estimator.
Update Your Beneficiaries
While ERSC is the first stop for much of your beneficiary paperwork, we are not able to report or confirm the beneficiaries on your existing plans. If you are unsure of your earlier decisions, submit a new beneficiary form to be certain that your beneficiary records are in line with your wishes.
To change your basic employee term life insurance beneficiaries:
Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Section IIB and indicate your changes in Section VI of this form.
To change your optional employee life insurance beneficiaries:
Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Part III and indicate your changes in Part IV.
To change your pension plan beneficiaries:
- MCPS core and/or supplemental pension plan:
- State Retirement and Pension System of Maryland:
Submit State Form MSR004.
To change your 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with Fidelity:
- Log in to Fidelity NetBenefits®
- Click Profile at the top right of the screen.
- Select Beneficiaries and follow the online instructions.
To update 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with another vendor:
- Contact your vendor—forms must be submitted directly to your vendor.