Need to Update Your Beneficiaries?
As you navigate life changes such as marriage, divorce, or the birth of a child, it is important to maintain up-to-date beneficiary information with ERSC. While ERSC is the first stop for some of your beneficiary paperwork, ERSC staff is not able to report or confirm the beneficiaries on your existing plans. If you are uncertain of your earlier decisions, submit a new beneficiary form to make sure your beneficiaries are in line with your wishes.
To change your basic employee term life insurance beneficiaries:
- During Open Enrollment: Log in to the Benefits Enrollment System (BES) and follow the on-screen instructions. Remember, any changes made to beneficiary(ries) from the BES will replace all previously designated beneficiaries.
- Outside of Open Enrollment: Submit MCPS Form 455-20, Employee Benefit Plan Enrollment to ERSC. Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Section IIB and indicate your changes in Section VI of this form.
To change your optional employee life insurance beneficiaries:
- Submit MCPS Form 450-1, Optional Employee Term Life Insurance.
Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Part III and your changes in Part IV.
To change your pension plan beneficiaries:
- MCPS core and/or supplemental pension plan:
Submit MCPS Form 455-5, MCPS Core and/or Supplemental Pension Plans Designation of Beneficiary/Beneficiaries
- State Retirement and Pension System of Maryland:
Log in to mySRPS to update online.
To change your 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with Fidelity:
- Visit Fidelity NetBenefits®
- Click Update My Beneficiary at the bottom right of the screen.
- Log-in and follow the online instructions.
To update 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with another vendor:
- Contact your vendor. Forms must be submitted directly to your vendor.