Competition Open to Artistic Climate Change Advocates
Montgomery County is hosting a competition for artwork to be featured in its climate action plan. The competition is open to students and county residents of all ages.
Submissions can be photos, drawings, poems, videos and original memes that invoke the need to protect the community from climate change.
Artists may submit work in any of the following categories:
- Engage!—What is the connection between community and climate?
- Sound the Climate Alarm!—Capture the emergency of climate change.
- Adaptation and Resilience—How can our community adapt to a rapidly changing world?
- Environmental/Climate Justice and Racial Equity—Capture the inequalities exacerbated by climate change and highlight the voices of the historically marginalized.
- Future Vision of Montgomery County—What will the county look like in 2035 if it meets the greenhouse gas reduction goals in an equitable way? The contest encourages submissions of digital art to create future landscapes, concept art and your utopias.
The deadline is Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021. Winners will receive $100 and their work may be featured on the county’s climate change plan and in other materials.
More information, including contest rules, are available here.