Technology Tips for Student Success
The MCCPTA Safe Tech Committee, in partnership with the MCPS Office of Technology and Innovation, has developed the following tips to help students continue to engage in virtual learning safely and successfully during the second semester:
- MCPS-issued Chromebooks provide filters on content and are “locked down” to minimize inappropriate use. If using a personal device, use parental controls to minimize access to inappropriate content.
- Have your child’s screen facing toward you (or anyone else who walks by), not facing a wall or window.
- Encourage eye breaks and stretching every 20 minutes.
- Put away cell phones during school time.
- Consider turning off notifications on all other devices in the house. This helps to maintain student focus on virtual instruction.
- Ensure that your child wears clothing that is appropriate for school and be sure your background doesnt