Update on State Testing
The Maryland State Board of Education recently approved that the following spring 2021 assessments will be cancelled:
- English Language Arts (ELA) (grades 3-8, 10)
- Mathematics (grades 3-8 and Algebra 1)
- Alternate Assessments in ELA and Reading (grades 3-8, 11)
- Maryland Integrated Science Assessments (MISA) in grades 5, 8 and high school
- Government Assessment in high school
The ACCESS for ELLs assessment for students who are English Language Learners will continue for those students who will be attending in-person instruction.
The MCAP ELA and Math assessments will be given to students in the fall of 2021, on a much smaller scale. School staff will use data from the assessments to assess student progress.
The Maryland State Department of Education will provide additional information on how the cancellation of these spring assessments will impact high school assessment graduation requirements.