BOND Project to Host Annual Summit on Workforce Diversity Nov. 14
The BOND (Building Our Network of Diversity) Project, an MCPS educator initiative, is hosting a summit on Thursday, Nov. 14 that will focus on the importance of workforce diversity, with a particular focus on the impact of male educators of color on male students of color. The summit is free and open to parents, students, staff and members of the community. During the summit, participants will discuss the research, policies, programs and experiences around this critical issue.
The 3rd Annual Summit will be held at Wheaton Woods Elementary School, 4510 Faroe Place in Rockville from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The summit will feature a discussion, including the following panelists:
- Shebra Evans, president, Montgomery County Board of Education
- Ramon Goings, professor, School of Education, Loyola University
- Brandon Wallace, professor, Montgomery College
- Douglas Rivera, ESOL counselor, Quince Orchard High School
- Zakiya Sankara-Jabar, MCPS parent, Dignity in Schools Campaign and Racial Justice NOW organizations
Click here to register for the event.