Employee Benefits Open Enrollment Coming Oct. 11
Open Enrollment for MCPS employee benefits will be held online this year from Monday, Oct. 11–Friday, Nov. 5, 2021, with changes effective Jan. 1, 2022. Open Enrollment is your opportunity to review your health plan options and make any necessary changes.
What to Expect
- If you are a benefits-eligible employee, you will receive Open Enrollment information and instructions in your MCPS Outlook email account on Oct. 8. The email will include a link to the Employee Self-Service (ESS) webpage for accessing the online Benefits Enrollment System (BES), the 2022 Employee Benefit Summary, the Open Enrollment memorandum, and more.
- Enrolling in or making changes to your benefits and/or enrolling in a flexible spending account (FSA) for 2022 will be conducted online via the BES.
- You will be able to view and print confirmation of your benefit changes from the BES. You will receive confirmation in your MCPS Outlook email account.
- Details regarding Open Enrollment and 2022 MCPS employee benefits will be available on the Open Enrollment webpage beginning Friday, Oct. 8.
Benefits Plan Highlights
- There will be no changes to insurance vendors or plans for 2022.
Be Prepared for Open Enrollment
Take these simple steps to make sure you are ready for this year’s Employee Benefits Open Enrollment.
- Make sure you can access your MCPS Outlook email account. Need help? Visit mySSPR or contact the Technical Help Desk.
- Check your MCPS employee Outlook email on Oct. 8, for Open Enrollment information and instructions from the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC).
- Stay in touch with ERSC for Open Enrollment news by visiting us online.
If you are covered by an MCPS-provided medical insurance plan with CareFirst or Kaiser Permanente, remember to complete—
- a biometric health screening
- Wellness Initiatives: Biometrics Credit Alternative 2021 Benefit Year training on Professional Development Online (PDO) by Oct. 8,AND
- your insurance provider’s online health risk assessment by Oct. 8.
If you do, you will save money on your health insurance in 2022.
CareFirst members who complete their screening with their primary care physician or at a Minute Clinic must have their physician or Minute Clinic practitioner complete and sign a CareFirst Health Screening Form or CVS Minute Clinic Health Screening form. A link to instructions is available on the Wellness Initiatives web page.