Employee Benefits Open Enrollment Coming October 12
Open Enrollment for MCPS employee benefits will be held online this year from Monday, Oct. 12—Friday, Nov. 6, 2020, with changes effective Jan. 1, 2021. Open Enrollment is your opportunity to review your health plan options and make any necessary changes.
What to Expect
- If you are a benefits-eligible employee, you will receive Open Enrollment information and instructions in your MCPS Outlook email account on October 9. The email will include a link to the Employee Self-Service (ESS) webpage for accessing the online Benefits Enrollment System (BES), the 2021 Employee Benefit Summary and the Open Enrollment memorandum.
- Enrolling in or making changes to your benefits and/or enrolling in a flexible spending account (FSA) for 2021 will be conducted online via the BES.
- You will be able to view and print confirmation of your benefit changes from the BES. You will receive confirmation in your MCPS Outlook email account.
- Details regarding Open Enrollment and 2021 MCPS employee benefits will be available on the Open Enrollment webpage beginning Friday, Oct. 9.
Benefits Plan Highlights for 2021
- There will be no changes to insurance vendors for 2021.
- The tobacco-use surcharge and attestation will be discontinued.
- CareFirst and Kaiser Permanente will offer MCPS employees hearing aid coverage of up to $1,500 per ear every 36 months.
Be Prepared for Open Enrollment
Take these steps to make sure you are ready for this year’s Employee Benefits Open Enrollment.
- Make sure you can access your MCPS Outlook email account. Need help? Visit myID or contact the Technical Help Desk.
- Check your MCPS employee Outlook email on October 9, for Open Enrollment information and instructions from the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC).
- Stay in touch with ERSC for Open Enrollment news. Follow us on Twitter and visit us online.
If you are covered by an MCPS-provided medical insurance plan with CareFirst or Kaiser Permanente, remember to complete—
- a biometric health screening by October 9, 2020, and your insurance provider’s online health risk assessment by October 9,
- Wellness Initiatives: Biometrics Credit Alternative 2021 Benefit Year training on Professional Development Online (PDO) by December 18, 2020, and your insurance provider’s online health risk assessment by October 9, 2020.
If you do, you will save money on your health insurance in 2021.
CareFirst members who complete their screening with their primary care physician or at a MinuteClinic must have their physician or MinuteClinic practitioner complete and sign a CareFirst Health Screening Form or CVS MinuteClinic Health Screening form. A link to instructions is available on the Wellness Initiatives webpage.