Employees’ Charity Campaign Runs Through December 2
The MCPS Cares Employees’ Charity Campaign has kicked off and will run through December 2. The annual campaign raises funds for nonprofit organizations in Montgomery County.
During October, the campaign is focused on raising funds for the MCPS Educational Foundation.
By donating through payroll deduction for 20 pay periods, employees can make a big impact on a variety of programs, including ACES, Dine with Dignity, GIVE BACKpacks, Help Me Make Music, DigitALL ACCESS, Toolkits, and Families Helping Families, the COVID-19 gift card campaign led by parent volunteers. Giving through payroll deduction also reduces your wage-based taxable income.
Beginning in November, MCPS Cares will shift its promotional focus to the nine nonprofit organizations in the Montgomery County community that partner to make a direct, positive impact on MCPS students and their families. They are:
- CollegeTracks, Inc.
- The Community Foundation for Montgomery County
- Family Services, Inc.
- The George B. Thomas, Sr. Learning Academy, Inc.
- Identity, Inc.
- Imagination Stage
- JCA Interages
- Manna Food Center
- United Way of the National Capital Area
Employees have several ways to make contributions:
- Payroll deduction. The MCPS Educational Foundation is listing funds that have been the preferred choices for employee gifts.
- Online using a debit or credit card, or by sending a check along with the check donation form.
- Text via a mobile device. Employees, also through the Educational Foundation, can text a gift amount to 301-329-2238 and follow the prompts to complete the donation.
Employee gifts to the Foundation help attract contributions from other donors. Every donor will be listed on the MCPS Cares Honor Roll of Donors. Donors giving at least $3 per pay period will be recognized as AP (Advanced Philanthropist) Donors.