Employees to Receive New Tax Form 1095-C Later than Previously Announced
As announced in January, most MCPS employees will receive a new tax form this year—the 1095-C. The 1095-C will be available during the third week of March (it was previously announced that this form would be available in early March).
The 1095-C will contain important information about employees’ health care coverage in 2015. You should receive a 1095-C if you—
- were enrolled in an MCPS-provided medical insurance plan at any point in 2015, and/or
- worked an average of 30 or more hours per week or were considered a full-time employee in 2015.
Although you may choose to submit your 1095-C to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with your 2015 income tax return, you are not required to. Should you submit your tax return prior to receiving your 1095-C, you will NOT need to amend your tax return to include it. MCPS will submit the information from your 1095-C to the IRS as it is required to do.
To learn more, visit the Tax Information for Employees web page. If you believe you should receive a 1095-C, but do not have one by March 31, 2016, contact the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC) at 301-517-8100.
Now You Can Download and Print a Duplicate W-2 Via Employee Self-Service
April 15 will be here before you know it. If you have misplaced your 2015 IRS Form W-2, you now can download and print a duplicate from the Employee Self-Service (ESS) web page. Before you can obtain your duplicate W-2, however, you will need to consent to receiving it via the web. Here’s how—
Instructions for authorizing web delivery of your W-2
- From the ESS web page, click on My W-2 under the green My Pay banner.
- Log in using your Outlook username and password.
- Read the welcome message.
- Click on the blue W-2 under My Authorization Settings on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Click HERE to get authorized.
- Read the authorization agreement.
- Click on Print Test. Follow the instructions to complete the print test.
- Once you have successfully printed the sample W-2, click Yes.
- Click the I Agree
- Click Submit to complete your authorization.
Instructions for downloading and printing your W-2
- Once authorized to receive web delivery, click on My W-2 under View My Documents.
- Click the magnifying glass icon under the View column that is next to the 2015 tax year.
- In the Document Viewing Security window, enter your employee identification number in the box provided, then the security code shown in the blue box.
- To print your W-2, right click on it and choose Print.
Duplicate W-2s will be available only through this online method. Should you experience any difficulty in obtaining your duplicate W-2, contact the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC) at 301-517-8100 or by e-mail.