Employment Termination Form Goes Digital
The Office of Human Resources and Development has revised the process for employees to terminate their employment with MCPS. Form 480-4, Notice of Separation/Termination of Employment from Montgomery County Public Schools has moved to an electronic format.
Form 480-4 is filled out by staff members when they wish to terminate their employment with MCPS for any reason—whether it be retirement, taking a job in another jurisdiction or moving away from the area. Since April 2020, this form must be filled out and submitted electronically.
Separate electronic forms are available for five categories of employees:
- All administrators in MCPS (Such as: MCAAP and MCBOA unit members): Form
- All Maryland certified employees (Such as: teachers, counselors, psychologists, pupil personnel workers, all MCEA unit members): Form
- All supporting services employees (Such as: building services, paraeducators, secretaries, security, other SEIU unit members): Form
- All transportation employees (Such as: bus drivers, bus attendants, other SEIU unit members): Form
- All substitute teachers and employees in a temporary or part-time position (Such as: substitute classroom teachers, language interpreters, administrators): Form
In addition, employees planning to retire need to also complete the appropriate retirement forms and submit this paperwork to the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC).