Equity Unit Provides Resources for an Anti-Racist Mindset
As we breathe a collective sigh of relief after the most difficult year in memory, it is important to remember that we cannot go back to the way we were pre-pandemic and the headline-grabbing events of the last year. The resources in this summer’s EquityMatters! newsletter provide the lens, habits, tools and inspiration to do our work with an anti-racist mindset.
This issue includes:
- Tools to create an equity lens in all planning and decision-making
- How to engage your families
- The MCPS Anti-racist System Audit
- What is Critical Race Theory?
- The Counter Story: Student and staff talk about their experiences in MCPS
- Equity Journey: Three administrators discuss their journey
- Productive Dialogue: Study circles, resources for productive dialogue, Equity Matters dialogues
- More Equity Resources: Joan’s Gems, resource holiday calendar, lending library, equity modules