Equity Unit Shares Update on Antiracist Audit, Resources for Black History Month
Posted On January 27, 2021
Racial disparities in MCPS prior to COVID-19 have grown through distance learning. The MCPS Equity Unit believes that staff can make 2021 better for all students if we apply an equity lens to our work.
This month, the EquityMatters! newsletter focuses on what it means to have an equity lens. At its core, an equity lens means that you are consistently asking yourself how race, ethnicity and culture impact your interactions, decisions, practices or policies. The videos, stories and resources in the newsletter are meant to help keep equity at the forefront.
This issue includes:
- The Counter Story: Perspectives from MCPS Latino students and staff
- An update on the Antiracist Audit
- Equity Journey—Stories from MCPS staff about the challenges and successes of their equity work
- Online Modules and Resources—Including How to Talk About Race, Planning Effective and Culturally Responsive Meetings, How to Be an Antiracist, and Elevate the Discourse
- Resources for Black History Month
The January 2021 issue is available here.