Employee Assistance Program Expands Services
MCPS has announced the launch of expanded Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services to employees and their family members, effective January 1, 2019.
The school district is partnering with KEPRO, a nationally recognized company, to expand its scope of services. The district will also continue to provide in-house EAP services, which includes two counselors who offer in-person counseling sessions, referrals to community resources, supervisory consultations, crises support and mediation. KEPRO’s services will enable employees to access EAP counseling sessions through a large network of professionals throughout the region. Employees now have a choice—to see a counselor on site or off site in a location that is convenient to them.
KEPRO’s counseling services include:
- Phone support for crises and emergencies, provided by counselors who hold master’s and doctoral degrees
- Phone support to arrange for in-person counseling
- Spanish-speaking counselors. In addition, Language Line is available to provide services in 224 different languages.
- Up to six in-person counseling sessions (per incident per fiscal year) for a range of personal issues, including depression, work-family balance and substance abuse concerns
- Services accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Counseling will always be:
- Free to employees, covered dependents and anyone regularly living in the household
- Timely and convenient. Appointments with a licensed counselor are available within three to five days close to where employees work or live. Appointments can be scheduled sooner if an urgent situation arises.
In addition, the scope of EAP services include an array of work-life services, available at no cost, including:
- Family Caregiving: Resources and referrals for dependent care-related services, in addition to emergency back-up childcare and eldercare
- Convenience Services: Assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services, home repairs, travel planning and event scheduling
- Legal and Financial Services: Up to a 30-minute financial consultation with a Certified Financial Planner or a Certified Public Accountant, per issue. Up to a 30-minute consultation with an attorney and a 25 percent discount if you decide to retain an attorney, per issue. These professionals will discuss concerns and provide suggestions on a number of issues, including bankruptcy, civil/criminal disputes, divorce, immigration, credit issues, retirement and estate planning, tenant’s rights, taxes and wills.
- The www.EAPHelplink.com website: Includes a wealth of on-demand resources including articles, self-assessments, resources and trainings on a wide range of topics, such as addiction, grief, anxiety and parenting.
Information on the in-house EAP program can be found here; counselors can be reached at 240-314-1040. KEPRO can be accessed at 866-496-9599 or by visiting its website, www.EAPHelplink.com (the company code is MCPS).