Fall Athletics Begins Feb. 27; Registration Deadline is Feb. 22
The fall sports season will begin on Saturday, Feb. 27. As a reminder, all in-person programming will be optional for coaches and student-athletes. Program offerings will be school- and team-specific, depending on the selection of coaches and the interest of student-athletes.
Registration—February 22 Deadline
All students must be registered through ParentVue by Feb. 22. Once registration is complete, coaches will confirm program offerings and begin grouping students. All students are eligible to participate in athletics regardless of their mode of school instruction (virtual or in-person). Resources for securing sports physicals are available on the COVID-19 Athletics Information Webpage.
More information regarding program offerings and the status of games and competition will be provided later this month. Games and contests will occur with the approved recommendations of MCPS, the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, and the Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security.
MCPS Athletics Resources
Parents/guardians and student-athletes should review the following information and resources prior to registering. All documents, information and guidance are subject to change.
- Second Semester Plan—Provides an overview of second semester operations
- Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan—Provides operating procedures and safety protocol that will be used during the fall season
- Return to R.A.I.S.E. Video—Provides an overview of the protocol and procedures in the Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan. The video was filmed in October; guidelines and procedures may have changed since then
- COVID-19 Athletics Information Webpage—All information regarding the return of in-person programming is available here
- ParentVue Registration Information—Provides resources when completing the registration process
Specific questions should be directed to your school’s athletics specialist (AD) or coach.