Higher Education Partnerships Recruiting, Offering Virtual Information Sessions
The Office of Human Resources and Development, in partnership with local colleges and universities, continues to recruit for employees who want to begin teacher preparation programs or for current teachers and other employees who want to pursue continuing education opportunities for the 2021-2022 school year. Interested employees should register for available information sessions or email the college and university contacts directly for details.
Teacher Preparation Partnerships
Teacher preparation partnerships are pathways available to supporting services employees seeking initial certification to teach in specific content areas.
Summer Courses – For Teachers With Conditional Certification Only
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 18
- The Bowie State University Summer Institute is designed to support conditional licensed teachers with moving toward standard licensure by providing courses pertinent to their transcript audit. Interested applicants must have a current transcript analysis to determine eligibility.
- The Summer 2021 Institute is not a full-degree program and is best matched to teachers who have select courses required for certification. These courses are weeklong and intensive. The courses are formatted on a rotation schedule based on teacher needs.
- Contact Vashon Coehins for application information.
Continuing Education and Leadership Partnerships
Continuing education and educational leadership partnerships are continuing to recruit and are offering information sessions for interested employees who hold initial teacher certification.
Hood College for Educational Leadership
Information Session: Tuesday, May 25, 5–6 p.m.
- The Educational Leadership Program is recruiting for the 36-credit Master of Science in Educational Leadership. To be eligible for the partnership, employees should have three or more years of successful classroom teaching experience.
- Program Advantages
- Students begin and end the program as a learning community
- Courses are taken at county locations and are taught by current and former MCPS administrators
- Accelerated course format allows students to finish the master’s degree program in three years
- Students are prepared for Admin I and II certification
- Discounted tuition rates
- Contact Dan Shea for more information.
Ongoing Recruitment for Fall 2021
McDaniel College Master of Science or Post-Bachelor’s Certificate—Innovations in Teaching and Learning (with Administrator I Certification)
- McDaniel College offers two pathways for MCPS employees pursuing educational leadership. To be eligible for the partnership, employees should have three or more years of successful classroom teaching experience.
- McDaniel College offers:
- Convenient and flexible online delivery taught by experienced, expert faculty
- 8-week sessions
- Affordable tuition through Educational Partnership Program
- Newly designed, innovative curriculum that aligns with changing trends and issues in education (formerly Curriculum and Instruction)
- Contact Sierra Bantillo for more information
Note: Partnerships are an option for employees in permanent positions. Based on preferences, employees can also pursue programs outside of partnerships in education and related fields.
See detailed information for all partnerships on the MCPS Higher Education Partnerships website.