Nominations Open for English Language Development Awards
Nominations are open for the 2021–2022 English Language Development (ELD) Awards, which honor teachers, principals, students and community members who have gone above and beyond to show leadership and perseverance in multilingual learning.
This year will be the first for a new award, the Two-Way Immersion (TWI) Andy Gomez Award, which recognizes Gomez, the MCPS TWI coordinator. Gomez exemplifies the three pillars of dual-language education—bilingualism and biliteracy; high grade-level academic achievement and promotion to develop students’ sociocultural competence.
Nominations are due Thursday, March 24.
Nomination forms, award criteria and more information are below:
- ELD Community Member Award Criteria and Nomination Form
- Emergent Multilingual Learner Student Award Criteria and Nomination Form
- ELD Leader Award Criteria and Nomination Form
- ELD Teacher Award Criteria and Nomination Form
- TWI Andy Gomez Award and Nomination Form
Nominations for student awards will be selected by staff at schools. These awards will be distributed to schools in May. A ceremony to honor other awardees will be held in May.