Is Your Employee Information Up to Date?
Did you move, marry or have a child in 2017? As you navigate these and other life changes, it is important to maintain up-to-date information with the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC). This will ensure that your taxes, pension, life insurance and defined contribution plan beneficiaries are in line with your wishes and that you never miss an important notification. Here is how to make sure your information is up to date:
Update Your Personal Information
To update your address, phone number, or other personal information, please submit MCPS Form 445-1: Change in Personal Information to ERSC.
Update Your Banking Information
If you have changed bank accounts or wish to enroll in or change your summer pay savings with Educational Systems Federal Credit Union, you must make your change using the My direct deposit option on the Employee Self-Service (ESS) web page. You will then receive email confirmations that allow you to track the progress of your request.
To access My direct deposit:
- Visit ESS.
- Click on My direct deposit under the green My Pay banner.
- Log in to the Human Resource Online (HRO) system using your Outlook username and password.
Update Your Beneficiaries
While ERSC is the first stop for some of your beneficiary paperwork, ERSC staff is not able to report or confirm the beneficiaries on your existing plans. If you are uncertain of your earlier decisions, submit a new beneficiary form to be certain that your beneficiaries are in line with your wishes.
To change your basic employee term life insurance beneficiaries:
- Submit MCPS Form 455-20: Employee Benefit Plan Enrollment to ERSC.
- Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Section IIB and indicate your changes in Section VI of this form.
To change your optional employee life insurance beneficiaries:
- Submit MCPS Form 450-1: Optional Employee Term Life Insurance to ERSC.
- Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Part III and indicate your changes in Part IV.
To change your 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with Fidelity:
- Log in to Fidelity NetBenefits®
- Click the Profile link at the top right of the screen.
- Select Beneficiaries and follow the online instructions.
To change your 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with a former plan vendor:
- Contact your vendor—forms must be submitted directly to your vendor.
To change your pension plan beneficiaries:
- MCPS core and/or supplemental retirement plan members:
- Submit MCPS Form 455-5: Designation of Beneficiary/Beneficiaries to ERSC.
- Maryland State Retirement and Pension System core retirement plan members:
- Submit MSRA Form 4: Designation of Beneficiary to ERSC.
If you have experienced certain life events this year, such as the birth or adoption of a child, there may be additional actions you will want to consider. Visit the ERSC website to learn more about life events and their possible impact on your employee benefits, taxes, etc.