Is Your Employee Information Up to Date?
Did you move, marry or have a child in 2021? As you navigate these and other life changes, it is important to maintain up-to-date information with the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC). This will ensure that your taxes, pension, life insurance and defined contribution plan beneficiaries are in line with your wishes and that you never miss an important notification. Here is how to make sure your information is up to date:
Update Your Home Address and Telephone Number
To update your home address and/or telephone number, visit the Employee Self-Service (ESS) webpage, click on My address change under the orange My Information banner, read the information on the next screen, and log in using the link at the bottom of the screen.
Update Your Personal Information
To update your name, title, date of birth and/or Social Security number, please submit MCPS Form 445-1A: Change in Personal Information for MCPS Employees to ERSC.
Update Your Banking Information
If you have changed bank accounts, wish to add a second account, or enroll in or change your summer pay savings with Educational Systems Federal Credit Union, you must make your change using the My direct deposit option on the ESS web page. Detailed instructions are available here.
To access My direct deposit
- Visit ESS.
- Click on My direct deposit under the green My Pay banner.
- Log in to the Mingle system using your Outlook username and password.
Update Your Beneficiaries
While ERSC is the first stop for some of your beneficiary paperwork, ERSC staff is not able to report or confirm the beneficiaries on your existing plans. If you are uncertain of your earlier decisions, submit a new beneficiary form to be certain that your beneficiaries are in line with your wishes.
To change your basic employee term life insurance beneficiaries
- Submit MCPS Form 455-20: Employee Benefit Plan Enrollment to ERSC.
- Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Section IIB and indicate your changes in Section VI of the form.
To change your optional employee life insurance beneficiaries
- Submit MCPS Form 450-1: Optional Employee Term Life Insurance to ERSC.
- Indicate your desire to change your beneficiaries in Part III and indicate your changes in Part IV.
To change your 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with Fidelity
- Log in to Fidelity NetBenefits®
- Scroll down and, under Make Updates to My Account, click Update My Beneficiary.
- Follow the online instructions.
To change your 403(b) or 457(b) plan beneficiaries with a former plan vendor
- Contact your vendor—forms must be submitted directly to your vendor.
To change your pension plan beneficiaries
- MCPS core and/or supplemental retirement plan members:
- Submit MCPS Form 455-5: Designation of Beneficiary/Beneficiaries to ERSC.
- Maryland State Retirement and Pension System core retirement plan members:
- View and update beneficiaries online via mySRPS.
If you have experienced certain life events this year, such as the birth or adoption of a child, there may be additional actions you will want to consider. Visit the ERSC website to learn more about life events and their possible impact on your employee benefits, taxes, etc.