Managing Anxiety and Uncertainty
With the ongoing global health crisis, many of us are finding ourselves increasingly stressed and worried—about our health, the economy or everyday activities that we generally wouldn’t think twice about. In these uncertain times, the MCPS Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is available to support the emotional well-being of you and your family members.
EAP offers several support options to help you maintain your personal safety, and the safety of your family and community, including relevant webinars, and communication with counselors over the phone, and by email. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
- In-House EAP: 240-314-1040; EAP website available here
- EAP specialists Jeffrey Becker, LCSW-C, CEAP, and Robyn Rosenbauer, LCSW-C, CEAP
- External EAP—KEPRO: Toll-free, 866-496-9599, to speak with a call center counselor
EAPHelpLink.com (passcode: MCPS)
Other helpful resources for staff:
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- How to Talk to Children and Teens About the Coronavirus
- The Spring 2020 Healthy Outlook, which includes an article on self-care, is available here.
- The Happiness Lab is a podcast from Yale University professor Laurie Santos. She’s doing special episodes focused on the coronavirus. In these episodes, she talks through the latest scientific research on happiness and shares practical takeaways for how to maintain emotional well-being during this pandemic. You can check out the coronavirus podcasts on Dr. Santos’ website, Happinesslab.fm, or on podcast platforms, such as Apple Podcast or Spotify. Season 2 of The Happiness Lab will launch on April 27, but in the meantime, you can listen to the coronavirus-focused episodes listed below.Season 1: 6 Episodes
Episode 1: Beat Your Isolation Loneliness
Episode 2: Coach Yourself Through a Crisis
Episode 3: Rising to a Challenge
Episode 4: Calm Can Be Contagious
Episode 5: Help Others to Help Yourself
Episode 6: Keep Your Relationships Healthy
In addition, resources available to help students deal with stress and anxiety are available here.