MCPS Hosting Parent Information Sessions on Virtual Academy
MCPS will host several parent information sessions to provide families with an opportunity to learn more about the Virtual Academy and the application process.
The sessions are scheduled for:
- Thursday, June 10: noon-1 p.m.
- Thursday, June 10: 6-7 p.m. (Spanish interpretation will be provided)
- Monday, June 14: 5-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 15: 10-11 a.m.
- Thursday, June 17: 6-7 p.m.
Please click this link to join the webinar. Passcode: 619287
Applications for the Virtual Academy are open until Friday, July 2. The full-time virtual learning program is available to students in kindergarten through Grade 12.
Several updates to the application have been made to include qualifying extenuating circumstances, such as physical and mental health-related reasons, as well as demonstrated student improvement during virtual learning. MCPS encourages all families who feel this program will be a good fit for their child to apply and provide any available supporting materials. All applications will be reviewed and responses will be provided on a rolling basis.
Submit an application by July 2 by:
- Applying on ParentVUE.
- Dropping off a paper application and supporting documentation at the summer school office, located in Room 110 at Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Dr. in Rockville, between 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Emailing the application form and supporting documentation to MoCoVirtual@mcpsmd.org.
- Calling the Community Hotline at 240-740-7020 between 7 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday-Friday (coming soon).
For more information and to complete an application, visit the Virtual Academy website.
Parents/guardians can also send questions or comments here.