MCPS Hosts First “Grow Your Own” Recruitment Event
MCPS hosted a Future Educators celebration for 12 graduating seniors on June 8. The Office of Human Resources and Development has been working on a “Grow Your Own” strategy to attract, recruit and excite MCPS students with the possibility of a teaching career with the district.
The event recognized the students for their outstanding academic performance and commitment to return to MCPS once they have finished college.
The students, their high schools and the colleges they will attend are:
- Adam Barkdoll, Poolesville, McDaniel College
- Marissa Baylor, Seneca Valley, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Neha Kohli, Bethesda Chevy-Chase, Rice University
- Isaac Matthew, Springbrook, University of Maryland
- Olivia Pletter, Walter Johnson, Elon University
- Emily Reyes-Gonzalez, Montgomery Blair, Montgomery College
- Emma Schneider, Montgomery Blair, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
- Ying-Ying Shen, Winston Churchill, University of Maryland
- Zoeii Strong, James Hubert Blake, Montgomery College
- Ian Thomas, Gaithersburg, Montgomery College
- Anthony Tyson, Gaithersburg, Montgomery College
- Jessie Wiener, Bethesda Chevy-Chase, University of Michigan