New Employee? Get to Know ERSC!
New 10-month MCPS employees who work at least 20 hours per week may enroll in the Employee Benefit Plan within 60 days of date of hire. You can learn more about benefit options on the Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC) website. To enroll, visit the Employee Self-Service webpage and click on Benefits enrollment for new employees, which you will find under the blue My Benefits banner. Log in using your Outlook username and password and follow the on-screen instructions.
Don’t miss your deadline!
- If you enroll by Sept. 20, coverage will begin Oct. 1.
- If you enroll by Oct. 20, coverage will begin Nov. 1.
You also may enroll in or make changes to your benefits each fall during Employee Benefits Open Enrollment, with coverage effective Jan. 1 of the following year. Open Enrollment will be held online from Oct. 11–Nov. 5, 2021. Details and instructions for enrolling during Open Enrollment will be available in early October.
Enroll in or Change Your Direct Deposit
Direct deposit offers employees the convenience of having their net pay (pay after taxes and deductions) deposited directly into your checking or savings account, and is mandatory for all employees. To enroll in or change your direct deposit account, visit Employee Self-Service (ESS). Click My direct deposit under the green My Pay banner. See detailed instructions.
Planning a Move? Be Sure to Keep Your Address Up to Date
Please keep your address up to date with the Employee and Retiree Service Center so you do not miss important notifications. To update your address and telephone number on record with ERSC, visit the Employee Self-Service (ESS) and click on My address change under the orange My Information banner. See detailed instructions.
ERSC is a one-stop shop for all your employee-related needs. This includes benefits, leave, pay, retirement and the employee wellness program. Be sure to check out the following helpful resources from ERSC:
- The ERSC website is full of important information for employees and is updated regularly. Check back often for important and timely information and forms.
- ERSC maintains the Employee Self-Service (ESS) webpage, where you will find handy links for accessing your employee profile, as well as your benefits, pay and retirement information. Need to view and print your W-2 or check on your current benefits? ESS is the place to start.
- From ESS, you will find a link to ePaystub. ePaystub keeps employees informed of essential information such as the net pay deposited to your bank account, hours worked, deductions and leave balances. You will receive an informative email reminder when your ePaystub is ready, including a link to ESS. This takes place each Monday before payday unless the Monday falls on a holiday. If it does, you will receive your ePaystub the next day.
- PenPoint, an online self-service retirement system for MCPS employees, provides access to your yearly retirement benefit statement and lets you estimate your MCPS core and supplemental retirement benefit amounts based on different scenarios. You also can get to PenPoint from ESS.
- Watch for an email in early October announcing the fall issue of For Your Benefit, an online newsletter to keep you informed about essential employee benefits (including Open Enrollment, Wellness Initiatives, leave, pay and retirement information.
- During the school year, ERSC publishes the Well Aware eNews on the first Friday of each month. This newsletter contains articles on health and wellness along with information about upcoming wellness events such as educational webinars, health screenings and more. In addition to finding it online, you will find the Well Aware eNews in your MCPS Outlook email inbox.
ERSC staff are available to answer your questions by phone at 301-517-8100 and via email.