Now Hiring In-School Classroom Monitors
The Office of Human Resources and Development (OHRD) has started hiring for its newest job category, Classroom Monitor.
OHRD is hiring for the positions from March 15 through June 16. The positions are in-person, temporary, part-time and offer no benefits. A high school diploma or GED is required. The rate of pay is $15.72 per hour.
Primary duties include monitoring classrooms for teachers who are providing virtual instruction to students in the building and supporting in-person teachers instructing both in-person and virtual students simultaneously. The classroom monitor will perform a variety of tasks that promote student learning and well-being. They will:
- Assist in maintaining order and discipline, as well as manages student behavior
- Monitor students throughout the school day, including in the classroom, hallways, during lunch, recess and specials
- Operate technology, including cameras, learning platforms, and learning tools
- Perform a variety of administrative and non-instructional duties, as well as related clerical tasks to support teachers and other professional staff, such as keeping daily attendance
- Ensures all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and MCPS safety protocols and procedures (such as fire drills) are implemented and followed
Anyone interested should visit the MCPS Careers website.