OHRD Launches Reclassification Study Year
In December 2021, the Office of Human Resources and Development (OHRD) launched the Fiscal Year 2023 reclassification study year. Directors and supervisors of Supporting Services (SEIU) and Montgomery County Business and Operations Administrators (MCBOA) positions may submit reclassification study requests according to a set schedule. Positions not listed for the current study year may also be considered if a supervisor submits a request for an “out-of-cycle” study.
The purpose of a reclassification study is to look carefully at substantial changes that have occurred in a job position’s duties and responsibilities that impact the nature or level of work. A reclassification study may be considered when at least two significant changes in job duties and responsibilities are identified. These changes would impact the nature of the work and require additional knowledge, skills, abilities, experience or other qualifications.
If the position is approved for a reclassification study, OHRD studies the changes to determine whether a reclassification is needed. Reclassification actions or any approved changes would take effect on July 1, 2023.
Reminder: All reclassification study requests are due to OHRD by Friday, Jan. 21, 2022. Supervisors and directors may send responses to Joanne Causey, classification coordinator.
It’s important to note that:
- If a position is approved for a reclassification study, this does not mean it will be reclassified.
- All study requests must be approved by the appropriate director or officer.
- If a reclassification is approved, it is not a promotion.
To learn more:
- Watch this
- Read these FAQs
- See Regulation GHA-RA, Maintenance of Position Classification
- Talk to your supervisor
- Contact your SEIU Local 500 representative
- Visit the Classification/reclassification webpage
- Supporting Services Reclassification Study Calendar Positions
- MCBOA Reclassification Study Calendar Positions