Program to Highlight Latinx Educators Sharing Experiences and Hopes
Poder Educators and the MCPS Equity Initiatives Unit are hosting a program on January 28 featuring Latinx educators discussing their experiences on identity and education. Poder is a group of Latina educators within MCPS.
- Oliver Fajardo, instructional assessment specialist with the Bilingual Assessment Team
- Emmanuel Guevarez, ESOL resource teacher at Quince Orchard High School
- Julia Guillen Williams, pupil personnel worker at Flora Singer Elementary School
- Nikki Jarquin, counselor at Gaithersburg High School
- Melissa Laureano, professional growth consultant with the Supporting Services Professional Growth System
- Angelica Rivas Smith, assistant school administrator at Tilden Middle School
- Melissa Rivera, communications specialist in Public Information and Web Services
The Voces program, Latinx Educators—Listen to Our Journey in Education, Experience and Hopes, will be held via Zoom from 6:30-8 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 28. The password is 826 8013 1954 and the ID is Poder.
This event is targeted to staff and students.