Public Meetings Set as Part of Boundary Analysis Assessment
The MCPS Districtwide Boundary Analysis is an initiative designed to provide a comprehensive assessment of Montgomery County Public Schools’ boundaries by analyzing factors such as:
- School facility utilization and capacity
- Student demographics
- School assignment
- Travel patterns
This initiative will result in an analytical assessment and a summary of the community engagement process. It will not make recommendations on potential boundary revisions.
As part of this assessment, a series of six regional public meetings will be held around the county in December and January. All Montgomery County residents are invited to attend to learn more about the boundary analysis process and offer feedback on opportunities and challenges.
Each meeting will have the same format and content.
The public meetings will be held:
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 7–9 p.m., Gaithersburg High School, 101 Education Blvd., Gaithersburg
- Wednesday, Dec. 11, 7–9 p.m., Julius West Middle School, 651 Great Falls Road, Rockville
- Saturday, Dec. 14, 10 a.m.–noon, White Oak Middle School, 12201 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring
- Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020, 7–9 p.m., Walter Johnson High School, 6400 Rock Spring Dr., Bethesda
- Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020, 10 a.m.–noon, Montgomery Blair High School, 51 University Blvd. East, Silver Spring
- Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020, 7–9 p.m., Northwest High School, 13501 Richter Farm Road, Germantown