Recreation Department Is Hiring for Summer Jobs
Posted On March 15, 2023
Do you know a student looking for a summer job? Encourage them to stop by one of the Montgomery County Department of Recreation’s upcoming job fairs. The rec department is hiring part-time seasonal employees to work during the 2023 summer season. Available positions include lifeguards, camp counselors and camp directors.
Job fairs will be held:
- Wednesday, March 22, 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Gwendolyn E. Coffield Community Recreation Center, 2450 Lyttonsville Road, Silver Spring
- Saturday, March 25, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at White Oak Community Recreation Center, 1700 April Lane, Silver Spring
- Thursday, April 20, 5:30-8 p.m. at Upper County Community Recreation Center, 8201 Emory Grove Road, Gaithersburg
- Saturday, April 22, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at East County Community Recreation Center, 3310 Gateshead Manor Way, Silver Spring
- Sunday, May 7, noon-4 p.m. at Wheaton Community Recreation Center, 11701 Georgia Ave., Wheaton
The part-time/seasonal pay rate begins at $15.65 an hour and increases based on experience. Applicants must be at least 15 years old; bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. Applicants may attend any job fair regardless of where they are seeking to work in the county.
Students can also apply online.