School Volunteers Must Upload Proof of Vaccination, Complete Attestation
MCPS welcomes volunteers to support the essential needs of the schools. Volunteers and partnership agencies are required to complete certain compliance measures in order to volunteer within the school district.
- Online Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training via their myMCPS Classroom/Canvas account
- Background check (dependent upon the type of volunteer service, per the Volunteers regulation and FAQ)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation—NEW!
Volunteers are required to upload a Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination to remain on the volunteer roster. The User Guide on how to access both module requirements and how to access and upload the Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination from the state Department of Health are available on the Child Abuse and Neglect and the Volunteers websites.
Review the Volunteer/Contractor Vaccination Attestation Update for details on this process.
Beginning Friday, Oct. 1, all school volunteers and partnering agencies will be required to complete a new module via their Synergy ParentVUE account called COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation in order to volunteer within our school district.
The module will consist of a volunteer:
- attesting to being fully vaccinated,
- uploading their Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination from the Maryland Department of Health, and
- agreeing to specific expectations of masking and social distancing while in MCPS facilities.