Share Your Thoughts at County Education Budget Hearings
Staff, parents and community members are invited to join Montgomery County Councilmember Craig Rice, MCPS Superintendent Jack R. Smith, and Montgomery College President DeRionne Pollard at upcoming Education Budget meetings in February and March. Attendees can find out how budget decisions are made, what the county is doing today to get ready for Fiscal Year 2020 and beyond, and the opportunities residents have to influence budget decisions.
The meetings will take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- February 20, Neelsville Middle School, 11700 Neelsville Church Road in Germantown
- February 27, E. Brooke Lee Middle School, 11800 Monticello Avenue in Silver Spring
- March 6, Rockville High School, 2100 Baltimore Road in Rockville
- March 11, Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School, 4301 East-West Highway in Bethesda
- March 27, Montgomery College Takoma Park Campus (Cultural Arts Center Theater 1), 7995 Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring
The county executive will announce his Recommended FY 2020 Operating Budget in March. In April, the County Council will hold public hearings and approve the operating budget at the end of May.