At its March 25 business meeting, the Board of Education approved the following administrative appointments:
- Niki T. Hazel, Associate Superintendent, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs
- David T. Chia, Consulting Principal, Department of Professional Growth Systems, Office of Human Resources and Development
- Tracy Foster, Executive Director, Office of the Chief Academic Officer
- Inger H. Swimpson, Executive Director, Office of School Support and Improvement
- Graham M. Lear, Principal, Rock Terrace School
- Gregg Baron, Principal, DuFief Elementary School
- April D. Longest, Principal, Farmland Elementary School
- Robert A. Obstgarten, Principal, Greencastle Elementary School
- Stephanie R. Schaufelberger, Principal, Goshen Elementary School
Mohammad W. Karimi, special education bus attendant at the Bethesda Transportation Depot, died on March 19. He was 70 years old, and had more than eight years of service with MCPS.
Linda K. McCabe, content specialist at Briggs Chaney Middle School, died on March 11. She was 62 years old, and had more than 33 years of service with MCPS.