The Board of Education approved the following administrative appointments at its May 10 business meeting:
- Anthony R. Alston, Director II, Equity Initiatives Unit, Office of Strategic Initiatives
- Ryan D. Forkert, Liaison for MCPS Professional Growth Systems–MCAAP
- Kristie L. Clark, Supervisor, Accelerated and Enriched Instruction, Department of College and Career Readiness and Districtwide Programs, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs, Office of Teaching, Learning, and Schools
- Rosanna T. Haywood, Supervisor, Pre-K–12 Science, Department of Pre-K–12 Curriculum, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs, Office of Teaching, Learning, and Schools
- Daniel Princiotta, Supervisor, Applied Research and Evaluation, Office of Shared Accountability, Office of the Chief of Staff
- Jada Langston, Principal, John L. Gildner Regional Institute for Children and Adolescents
Rosa I. Carquin Barrientos, special education bus attendant at the Shady Grove Transportation Depot, died on May 9. She was 68 years old and had been with MCPS for more than one year.
Bernadette White, counselor at Gaithersburg High School, died on April 11. She was 63 years old and worked for MCPS for more than 18 years.
Jan Williams, prekindergarten teacher at Bel Pre Elementary School, died on April 16. She was 57 years old and had more than 16 years of service to MCPS.