Posted On August 25, 2021
The Board of Education approved the following administrative appointments at its August 24 business meeting:
- Shauna-Kay J. Jorandby, Director, Student Engagement, Behavioral Health, and Academics, Office of Teaching, Learning, and Schools
- Leslie E. Turner Percival, Legal Director, Office of the General Counsel
- Jennelle R. Cyr, staff development teacher at Clarksburg Elementary School, died on August 13. She was 54 years old and had been with MCPS for more than 13 years.
- Steven A. Firtag, general maintenance worker at the Division of Maintenance, died on June 29. He was 67 years old and had more than two years of service with MCPS.
- Ilia A. Madrazo, teacher at Kemp Mill Elementary School, died on July 30. She was 48 years old and had been with MCPS more than two years.
- Yanming Wu, psychologist in the Department of Psychological Services, died on July 29. She was 64 years old and had 29 years of service with MCPS.
- Tracy Zito, retired Deaf/Hard of Hearing teacher, died on July 8. She retired from Longview School after 28 years with MCPS. She was 63.