Summer Employment Opening Soon for MCEA, SEIU Members
Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 summer employment opportunities will be accessible to Montgomery County Education Association (MCEA) and Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 500 Unit members through MCPS Summer Employment Careers.
Interested employees should apply online at MCPS Careers and log in to the Summer Employment section. Employees will have access to a complete list of all summer employment opportunities, or options can be narrowed down by entering specific search criteria in the “Keywords” field. Non-teaching opportunities can be found by selecting options available in the “Job Field” field.
If you are interested in applying for summer employment opportunities, note the application process start dates below:
- Transportation (staff currently employed as bus operators and bus attendants via bid, not through MCPS Careers), application process underway, hiring begins in June
- Extended School Year, application process underway, hiring begins March 17
- Extended Learning Opportunities (ELO), application process begins March 10, hiring begins March 17
- Department of Materials Management, application process begins March 27, hiring begins in June
- Transportation (MCPS staff not currently employed by the Department of Transportation), application process begins March 27, hiring begins in June
- All other summer employment not listed, application process begins March 27, hiring begins April 14
- Food Services, application process begins April 4, hiring begins in May
- Curriculum Development, application process begins April 24, hiring begins in May