Summer Employment Available Beginning April 2
Effective Tuesday, April 2, summer employment opportunities will be accessible to Montgomery County Education Association (MCEA) and Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 500 unit members through MCPS Careers.
The FY 2020 summer employment application deadline is Friday, April 26. Interested employees should apply online at MCPS Careers and login into the Summer Employment section. Employees will have access to a complete list of all summer employment opportunities, or options can be narrowed by entering specific search criteria in the “Keywords” field. Non-teaching opportunities can be found by selecting options available under “Job Field.”
Summer employment opportunities are available in the following areas:
For MCEA members:
- Curriculum Development
- Early Childhood Assessments
- Extended Learning Opportunities (Application period is April 2–April 18)
- Regional Summer School
- Special Education/Extended School Year
- Summer UP Program
For SEIU members:
- Classroom Support: Head Start Paraeducators
- Classroom Support: Special Education Paraeducators
- Computer Installation and Maintenance
- Extended Learning Opportunities (Application period: April 2–April 18)
- Food Services
- Secretarial Support
- Warehouse Support (Application period: Now–April 12)
For questions regarding summer employment opportunities for SEIU Local 500 members, contact Y. Andrea Kelly-Walker at 301-279-3940.
For questions regarding summer employment opportunities for MCEA members, contact Audrey B. Patton at 240-740-3156.