Summer Employment Opportunities Available Starting March 31
Effective Monday, March 31, summer employment opportunities will be accessible to Montgomery County Education Association (MCEA) and Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 500 unit members through MCPS Careers.
The FY 2015 summer employment application deadline is Friday, April 25. Interested employees should apply online at MCPS Careers and login into the Summer Employment section. Employees will have access to a complete list of all summer employment opportunities, or options can be narrowed by entering specific search criteria in the “Keywords” field. Nonteaching opportunities can be found by selecting options available under “Job Field.”
Summer employment opportunities are available in the following areas:
For MCEA members:
- Curriculum Development
- Early Childhood Assessments
- Extended Learning Opportunities
- Special Education/Extended School Year
- Summer School
For SEIU members:
- Classroom Support: Head Start Paraeducators
- Classroom Support: Special Education Paraeducators
- Computer Installation and Maintenance
- Food Services
- Secretarial Support
- Warehouse Support (application process started Monday, March 17)
For questions regarding summer employment opportunities for SEIU Local 500 members, contact Regina B. Arrington at 301-279-3940 or by email.
For questions regarding summer employment opportunities for MCEA members, contact Ivón Alfonso-Windsor at 301-279-3242 or by email.