Teleworking Policy Updated
MCPS has recently updated regulation GEH-RA Teleworking. The school district continues to support teleworking as an effective way to recruit and retain excellent employees, honor professionalism, increase flexibility, improve employee productivity, reduce the amount of time employees spend commuting and promote a healthy balance between home and work.
Teleworking is a flexible work location agreement available to MCPS employees when a mutually beneficial situation exists and when there is an agreement between the employee and the appropriate supervisor and chief that it is appropriate for the situation and circumstances. Teleworking is not universally available to all job classes or positions and must be approved in advance by the appropriate supervisor and chief.
When considering telework, the following factors should be considered:
- The position has tasks that are portable and can be performed from a location other than the primary work location.
- Responsiveness and transparency to the public will not be affected by telework.
- Data security can be maintained.
- Service to internal and external stakeholders will be maintained at the level as when working from the primary work location.
- Operational requirements will be met.
For more information on the request process and to access the regulation and related forms, visit the Telework webpage.