Thinking About Retirement?
The Employee and Retiree Service Center (ERSC) is conducting a series of workshops for employees considering retirement within the next two years.
Topics for each Retirement Informational Session include a timeline for retirement, eligibility, benefit formulas, leave payout, post-retirement health and life insurance, taxes and forms. ERSC staff will be available to answer questions and help with the retirement process.
After you have made the decision to retire, you also may want to attend a Forms Workshop. ERSC staff will be available at these workshops to help you complete retirement forms.
Retirement informational sessions will be held as follows:
Tuesday, Feb. 6
Gaithersburg High School auditorium
101 Education Blvd., Gaithersburg
Friday, March 2
Carver Educational Services Center auditorium
850 Hungerford Dr., Rockville
Tuesday, April 10
Watkins Mill High School auditorium
10301 Apple Ridge Road, Gaithersburg
Forms workshops are also available. During these workshops, ERSC staff present the required retirement forms, explain how to complete them and answer questions. Upcoming forms workshops will be held from 4:30–6:30 p.m. on:
- Tuesday, Feb. 20, Gaithersburg High School auditorium, 101 Education Blvd., Gaithersburg
- Monday, March 12, Festival Training Center, 283 Muddy Branch Road, Gaithersburg
- Monday, April 23, Festival Training Center, 283 Muddy Branch Road, Gaithersburg
More information is available here.
To register for any of these sessions, log in to Professional Development Online and search for “retirement.”
Need Help Managing Your Financial Future?
Join MCPS and Fidelity Investments for upcoming workshops designed to help you manage your financial future.
The following workshops are being held:
- Wednesday, Feb. 7: Thrive: Helping Women Make Financial Progress. Although this workshop is geared toward women, all are invited to attend. Learn quick and easy steps you can take today to get more actively engaged in managing your finances and planning for the future. This will be held from 5–6 p.m. in the Maple Room at 45 W. Gude Dr. in Rockville.
- Wednesday, Feb. 14: Identify and Prioritize Your Savings Goals. Get strategies and tips to prioritize and fund your specific savings goals, like buying a new home or car, saving for a child’s college expenses and more. This will be held from 5–6 p.m. in the Maple Room at 45 W. Gude Dr. in Rockville.
- Wednesday, Feb. 21: Make the Most of Your Retirement Savings. Learn how to maximize your retirement savings, ways to save for retirement beyond your workplace savings plan and steps you can take today to get prepared for retirement. This will be held from 5–6 p.m. in the Maple Room at 45 W. Gude Dr. in Rockville.
Registration is required. Visit getguidance.fidelity.com or call 800-642-7131 to reserve a seat.