Town Hall on Preventing Sexual Harassment and Assault Set for October 13
Let’s Talk Respect: Preventing Sexual Harassment and Assault, a student-led town hall, will be held via Zoom webinar at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 13.
MCPS is collaborating with the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office, the Montgomery County Police Department, the Victim Assistance Sexual Assault Program, Choose Respect Montgomery, Coaching Boys Into Men, EveryMind and Identity to provide a forum for students and the community.
Goals of the program are to:
- Acknowledge the student stories shared on social media
- Share MCPS response and updates (immediate, short-term and long-term actions)
- Provide an anonymous, safe space for students to ask questions
- Collect student feedback on ways to better support students who are victimized by sexual assault and harassment
- Connect students and families to appropriate resources
- Lisette Dardon, Site Manager, Watkins Mill High School Wellness Center, Identity
- Captain Amy Daum, Director, Montgomery County Police Department Special Victims Unit
- Debbie Feinstein, Chief of the Special Victims Unit, Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Rachel Larkin, Director, Crisis Prevention and Intervention, EveryMind
- Jason Lomax, Teacher and Varsity Football Coach, Rockville High School
- Rafiah Prince, Victim Assistance Sexual Assault Program
- Ed Clarke, Chief Safety Officer for MCPS
- Greg Edmundson, Director, Student Welfare and Compliance
- Ed Reed, Resource Counselor, Robert Frost Middle School
- Joe Rubens, Principal, John F. Kennedy High School
Students can register here.
You can watch the event live on YouTube here.