Deadline Extended for Staff to Provide Verification of COVID Vaccine
Important information below for employees who have not yet attested to receiving a COVID-19 vaccination
The Board of Education has extended the deadline for MCPS employees to provide verification that they have received a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination, or provided documentation for a medical or religious exemption.
Every MCPS employee must be fully vaccinated by Monday, Nov. 15, 2021, unless granted an exception under applicable law. Failure to comply will result in progressive discipline up to and including termination from MCPS.
Reporting Vaccination Status and Uploading Your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Please click here to report your vaccination status and/or begin the process of uploading your COVID-19 certificate or medical exemption documentation.
- Employees who are unable to access or complete the online attestation form should work with their supervisors to provide the required documentation listed below.
- For employees who have submitted the required proof of vaccination, no further action is required.
Vaccinations are one of the most critical strategies to help schools maintain regular operations. On Oct. 5, 2021, the Board of Education unanimously passed an updated resolution mandating that all MCPS staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. MCPS has been and will continue to consider requests to be excused from this mandate whenever necessary to comply with legal requirements. Employees requesting an exemption can submit them in the following ways:
- Religious Exemption: Email this form to Heather_Dublinske@mcpsmd.org or submit electronically here.
- Medical Exemption: Email this form to Khalid_D_Walker@mcpsmd.org or use the process outlined below and at this link.
Instructions and more information to report your vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination can be found at the end of this correspondence.
Proof of Vaccination Procedures
- Staff may provide any of the following to satisfy proof of vaccination:
- Maryland Department of Health Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination (or equivalent documentation from their state of residence). Staff who received their vaccination in the state of Maryland can obtain a copy of their vaccination certificate from the state at the following link: https://app.myirmobile.com/
- vaccination verification provided by your health insurance provider; or
- a letter from your primary care physician attesting to the employee’s vaccine status.
- vaccination card AND documentation from a medical provider verifying vaccination status
- All information submitted will be protected and kept confidential.
- No employee will be required to provide any medical information beyond the vaccination status and/or the medical or religious exemption documentation, if applicable.
For a comprehensive list of free vaccination sites, please click here.
Technical Support Resources
If you are having a problem accessing the vaccination status form, please refer to the support resources provided below.
Helpful Troubleshooting Topics
- I don’t know my Google Login
- I filled out the form but now I want to update my response
- I am Seeing a “You need permission” message when accessing the form
- I replied to the original email with my vaccination documentation?
- How do I Print/Save a copy of the Maryland State COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate?
If you don’t see a help topic listed, check the Staff Vaccination status Form Quick Guide for additional subjects.
Click here to access the MyIRMobile site to download the Maryland COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate (Vaccinated in Maryland)
If you are still having difficulty reporting your vaccination status, reach out to your supervisor for assistance.