How to Report Vaccination Status and Upload Proof of Vaccination
Vaccinations are one of the most critical strategies to help schools resume and maintain regular operations. On Friday, Aug. 13, MCPS announced that as part of its reopening plan, all staff are required to:
- Wear face coverings in all school buildings, buses and MCPS facilities, regardless of vaccination status; and
- Submit proof of vaccination or participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
By working together, we can ensure our students are able to safely learn and thrive as they return to school. Our commitments to the entire MCPS community are critical steps to achieving a successful start to the school year for all students.
Reporting Vaccination Status and Uploading Your Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- All staff are required to report their vaccination status by August 27. Please click here to report your status and/or begin the process of uploading your COVID-19 certificate. Employees are asked to complete uploading their documentation no later than Oct. 1, 2021, and should record the information using their MCPS .net Gmail accounts.
Proof of Vaccination Procedures
- Staff may provide any of the following to satisfy proof of vaccination:
- Maryland Department of Health Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination. Staff who received their vaccination in the state of Maryland can obtain a copy of their vaccination certificate from the state at the following link: https://app.myirmobile.com/
- Vaccination verification provided by your health insurance provider; or
- A letter from your primary care physician attesting to the employee’s vaccine status.
- All information submitted will be protected and kept confidential.
- No employee will be required to provide any additional medical information beyond vaccination status.
Weekly Testing Procedures
Staff members who are required to test weekly will receive further instructions on what the procedures and expectations will be for compliance, as well as weekly testing site availability and reporting procedures. Opportunities to be Vaccinated (Appointments are not necessary, but a registration link is included below.)
- Friday, Aug. 27 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Paint Branch High School, 14121 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville. Register here.
- Wednesday, Sept. 1 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Shady Grove Bus Depot, 16651 Crabbs Branch Way in Rockville. Register here.
- Saturday, Sept. 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Watkins Mill High School, 10301 Apple Ridge Road in Gaithersburg. Register here.
For a comprehensive list of other free vaccination sites, please click here.